
Christchurch did its best to make me feel home. The sun came out this morning and stayed all day. Although it has been far too cold for me, everybody else was wearing shorts. And the day started lovely with a warm welcome in the kitchen. Added free coffee and a cozy couch made my breakfast.
The day could come and moved on with an amazing concert in the Christchurch cathedral. I came in and a group of little children (app. 3 to 4 years old) just started to settle themselves at the steps in front of the altar. And no kidden, they were singing christmas carols. I almost cried, it has been that cute. Picture above in the German version.

I have been at the aquarium and again I know why I don't scuba dive. Eels are the most frightening fish and all the others did't look better. The seahorse made it up and the Kiwi encounter was quiet nice, but it all didn't bring me over these ugly and huge snake look-alikes!!! I couldn't even take a picture.
Spent the rest of the day in the only place in the whole country which is open later than 5pm - the International Antarctic Center. And I do not really know why people pay to ride a snow mobile with no snow. I didn't, but I went in to see little blue penguins and got in a snow storm again. But this one was nothing compared to the Tongariro. Best of it was a

45min movie about the real live at the scott base. I could never be asked to even set one foot onto Antarctica and those people live there for at least half a year because they can't get off while wintertime (no sunshine for about 4 months). But I quiet liked the idea of the hand warm rail, although only the penguins were supposed to use it. Sorry I used the flash, the batteries had gone down and I could not check the picture.
Tonight I will be visiting the ChristChurch Cathedral again, this time for the real christmas concert with choir and orchestra and I am looking forward for a bit of x-mas feeling to get closer to you.
3 Comments:
Post a Commentthe picture of the concert with the children is really nice and I can easily understand you when you said "i almost cried", here we do not really feel the Christmas atmosphere, no snow, not too many lights, and also the shops are not full as usual of colours and gifts.
I am with you regarding the christmas feeling...I didn't expect it but I can imagine what it is like with you with still autumn. But there is still hope...6 days to go.
hey cousinchen grüß dich
ein herzliches servus aus münchen von deinem lieblingscousin ralf :-)
mir wurde deine homepage mal von der restlichen family in prenzlau mitgeteilt,vatern und muttern sind ja net in der lage ins internet zu gehen
machst dir ja echt ne wahnsinnsmühe hier jeden tag deine erlebnisse reizuschreiben,gibts in neuseeland überall internetcafes aber wahrscheinl. schon oder
wie lang hast denn jetzt vor wegzubleiben,bis das geld alle ist oder machst auch auf einen backpacker und gehst arbeiten wenn die kohle aus ist?
aber wenn ich so die temperatur mir anschaue bei dir dann kommt man schon ins schwärmen im gegensatz zu unseren minusgraden in good old germany
na gut ich wünsch dir weiterhin viel spaß auf deinem selbstfindungstrip :-)
Lg ralf
Post a Comment