Saturday, February 10, 2007

Driving up the west coast

Meanwhile we are in Carnarvon and leaving today for Coral Bay, hoping we will find a budget cabin to finally recharge everything after a few nights camping. I spent most of the last week in Geraldton improving my surfing skills with Billy, while Conny and Wilfried have been further north in Kalbarri. I can't tell how many litres of salt water I drank, but Billy made it up with cooking without any salt. I really had a great time and hope of finally making it onto the board standing some time down here.

We are just coming out of Shark Bay World Heritage Area where we spent two nights at Monkey Mia, the spot to interact with Dolphins. It has also been the most crowded place we have been so far, as the dolphin resort is really famous. They are fed at the beach, but only a third of their needs so they still need to hunt on their own. But it is the only place where you can get this close and it was definitly worth the visit, although I found them quiet easy to be mistaken for sharks.

Anyways, except from chilling out at the beach there is not much going on at the moment, so not a lot to tell about. Love to all of you....