Friday, June 01, 2007

Back in Sydney for good

As I got back to Sydney the first thing happening was the Eurovision Song Contest Party. I know that Australia is not in Europe, but they are having so much fun making fun of all the contestants and the hosts (especially the German one) that they celebrate it each year. Glad Roger wasn’t embarrassing so I at least got through the evening without any pain.

I am spending my weekends doing tourist things, visiting museums and exhibitions and enjoying the last bits of sun. It got really cold meanwhile and I already had a flu, but I got over it, spent money on 2nd hand winter clothes and now I am fine. The days are still quiet warm, but as soon as the sun goes down, the temperature is dropping below 10 degrees and that’s just not right.

I am working for Sydney Film Festival (actually it is the publicist I am working for) since two and a half weeks and I am having loads of fun. It was quiet amazing that I had no problems adapting to fulltime working after 6 months on the road, but it was as easy as leaving into fulltime holiday last November.

Last weekend I’ve been to the races again, but it was not as successful as the last time because the horses didn’t have outstanding names, so I had no idea which to pick. The night before we have been visiting a poetry slam and I have to admit, that the quality of the lyrics has been very good. Rob and I got 2 for 1 Spaghetti for dinner as they messed up my order (sometimes its good not to be local) and we enjoyed the evening.

I’ll be with Gallus for the next 4 weeks until the Festival is passed and then start with Weidmueller for a couple more weeks before flying out to see Billy for the last time and I’ll be back home by the end of July. That’s the plan.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment
Annejelly70 said...

Hi Süße,
Ralf und ich sind mitten in den Urlaubsvorbereitungen, am Mittwoch den 6.6. gehts los, 1 Woche Lesbos/Griechenland! Bin noch bei Ralf, werde aber in Kürze aufbrechen Richtung Porta. Dann nur noch 2 Tage arbeiten und das wars erstmal, yeah! Bin am 18.6. wieder im Büro, dann wird es ja nicht mehr lange dauern bis wir uns mal zusammentelefonieren ;-)
Ganz liebe Grüße von Angela & Ralf