Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I 55 S to St. Louis

It didn't quiet became a SUV, but the Dodge Caravan took me down to St. Louis, Missouri. I am staying in a Suburb, which is still in Illinois and I haven't yet figured out where the border is, but might learn tomo.

Anyhow, its been a bit sad to say Goodbye to Lucy and the kids today, but what to do. Not knowing when we gonna see each other again makes it worse, but there will be a next time.

Cruising down the highway is a lot of fun. I like the size of the car, love the space and having it put on cruise control I could just hang my legs out of the window. Well I would have done, if it would have been warmer.

Went down the former Route 66 and took a few turns on the way. Stopped to meet the Gemini Giant, (restaurant is closed down though) and visited the capital of Illinois - Springfield. But I do neither get why its not Chicago, neither why it is not Sydney...what is is about those small places becoming the most important cities?

I really was looking forward to the "Museum of funeral customs", but at the Lincoln Home Site I got told it closed down two years ago. Means 1: my map sucks and 2. funerals seem not as interesting as expected.

Tomorrow I'll be exploring Downtown St. Louis and then head of to Nashville to get to know everything about Country Music that is there to know...