Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Naperville - Illinois

I arrived last Friday to stay with friends from Abu Dhabi who moved to Chicago couple of years ago. They are now living in a suburb called Naperville, which is a very nice area and exactly what you expect a smaller America town to be. Big cars (loads of German ones :-)), wide roads and Halloween kicking into the front gardens already...

As I haven't seen Lucy and the kids in quiet a while there was a lot of catching up to do and this is easily done while watching kids playing hockey, walking the dog or going for brunch.

First time in 14 years (and we traveled the world :-)) Lucy and I have been mistaken for sisters... Snow white an Rose red we could be though, gorgeous as we are.

We have been in Downtown Chicago, visited an Art Fair in Downtown Napervile, did a river and lake cruise on Chicago River and Lake Michigan and I would truly recommend this, but only separate from each other. Going from one to the other is about the most boring thing I have done within the last year. You have to sit in the lock for what feels like an hour of time.

Anyways, I am leaving tomorrow for St. Louis and hoping my rental car will be a decent sized SUV...