Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blue Rigde Parkway


Today was all about going up and down. Coming from the Great Smokies heading north on top of the Blue Ridge Mountains. i took a part of the parkway that winds through for over 400 miles. Its the shortest distance I have driven so far, only 80 miles, but because of serious fog, winding roads and loads of lookouts I had to stop at.

I had everything, the most beautiful autumn leaves and far views to no sight at all due to serious mist rolling in the mountains. It was a fun ride and I would definitely take the full length of the parkway once if i find the time to do so.


Highlight I expected the views on top of the Grandfather Mountain - THE most rugged mountain in eastern America. But unfortunately the fog did wait for me again and all I got was ice on top of my coat and views down from the mile high bridge...