Saturday, July 07, 2007

By the way...

...never try to get out of town past 11.30pm, if there is a storm going on.

I spent a lovely evening in the Orbit Bar on the 46th floor on Australia Sqaure (Hi Garry) and ended up stuck in the city because the storm had blown of powerlines on Harbour Bridge and all trains in my direction weren't going. As I couldn't be asked to spent 60 bucks on a cab I thought of taking a bus. Pretty good idea, although I had no clue which bus or which stop I would have to go. Called Rob, got the information I needed, only to miss the 520 by minutes. Asked another bus driver, he took me to circular quay only to find out that the one I missed in fact was the last one going.

So the friendly bus driver came up with the option to take me on his last tour to Rhyde to get a least closer to Westmead and catch a cap from there. He even offered to give me a ride home after his shift had finished. Not a good idea thought Rob (so did I), so I got off in Gladesville and he picked me up there. I got home by 1am, safe and happy. THANKS TO ROB.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment
Annejelly70 said...

tsis tsis, das Leben im australischen Großstadt-Dschungel!!! Wird wohl langsam mal Zeit dass Du wieder ins kleine Deutschland zurückkommst! ;-))
Aber mit wem soll ich dann morgens immer telefonieren? Und wer kümmert sich dann um die australische Website? Bis gleich am Telefon!
LG Angela