Monday, July 09, 2007

Last weekend in Town

My last weekend in Sydney is over and I managed to get a few more ticks on the things-to-see-and-do-list. I've been to the Museum of Sydney, Sydney Observatory, Balmain and Watsons Bay and not to forget the Lindt Chocolate Cafe. Last one only because nothing else was open in the city, because it is Sunday night and somebody I know (who came along) really likes hot chocolate.

Rob took me to Wagamama for dinner on Saturday, which is a worldwide restaurant, although they are missing a branch in Germany so far. http://www.wagamama.com.au/ But I highly recommend becoming a frequent noodler, great food. Afterwards we went to the observatory for the Festival of the stars, which could have been great fun, if it would have been more than 6 degrees or at least if the telescopes were inside instead of at the grounds. But we have seen Jupiter in real and 4 of his moons in great 3D animation right in the middle of the room, which is why we look that stupid in the piccie.

Today was the last option to really use a daytripper and safe loads of money. So I kicked off real early to catch a ferry to Balmain (thanks Rob for giving me that idea). I decided that this arty quarter with great views of the city would be my suburb, if I'd be living here. A really peaceful place 10min away from the city. Cute little houses, huge expensive places and the whole area surrounded by water. Great place to be and they even have a business I could take over immediatly (Marios idea), Cafe Berlin.

After taking the alternative route by bus back to the city I got on another ferry to go to Watsons Bay. By this time it rained already and didn't stop for the rest of the day. But this didn't stop me from exploring 'The Gap' national park, great landscape, just around the harbour. Should have done that in summer, but still glad I've been there. Now I am back home and having German bread for dinner. And this is why, this post now ends. Off for my last week at the east coast and the German version of this post.