I left Illinois, Missouri and Kentucky far behind and am now in Tennessee. This was the first State that had a proper welcome sign, might have known that I was going to stay at least 5 days. Meanwhile the speed limit is up to 70m/h and the temperature rose to 82°F. Memphis and the Hyatt gave me kind of a real holiday feeling after 3hours on the road today.
Checked out the Gateway Arch in St. Louis - the highest man-made building in the States - visited THE Country Music Hall of Fame and THE Mother Church of Country (Ryan Auditorium) in Nashville and today I've toured the home of president Andrew Jackson and the Grand Ole Opry. Have to say, that the last isn't worth going - except for the actual show I guess - but the rest definitely is.
The whole city of Nashville is about Country and I learned a lot I would have never gotten to know. Eg.: Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" was a country song by Dolly Parton before Bodyguard promoted it.
Guess who won the "Big Hair Contest"?!
I have seen the famous RCA Studio B where all the hits begun and even Elvis recorded his first song. Now that I have been to his beginning I will see the end of it all tomorrow and got to GRACELAND.
Checked out the Gateway Arch in St. Louis - the highest man-made building in the States - visited THE Country Music Hall of Fame and THE Mother Church of Country (Ryan Auditorium) in Nashville and today I've toured the home of president Andrew Jackson and the Grand Ole Opry. Have to say, that the last isn't worth going - except for the actual show I guess - but the rest definitely is.
Guess who won the "Big Hair Contest"?!
I have seen the famous RCA Studio B where all the hits begun and even Elvis recorded his first song. Now that I have been to his beginning I will see the end of it all tomorrow and got to GRACELAND.

0 Comments:
Post a CommentPost a Comment